I was nominated by Sara from Road to the Heart for this award. Thanks Sara!
Confession: I was actually nominated for this once before but like a big jerk i didn't do it. I believe it was right in the middle of summer and i just didn't have time. So i'm super sorry to the other person who nominated me and i'm even more sorry i can't remember who did (scoring jerk points left and right over here).
So in case you're not familiar, the award is for blog with less than 200 followers. I'm supposed to post 11 random facts about myself, answer 11 questions that the nominator asked me, nominate up to 5 other blogs for the award and ask them 11 different questions.
Here we goooooooooooooooooooooo!
Random facts about me:
(Alaskans get really irritated when you put their state in the wrong place and make it way smaller than it actually is.)
1. So far i have lived in 4 different states. I was born and raised in Alaska, I lived on Hawaii (Maui specifically) for a year and a half. Florida (West Palm Beach) for a little over a year and now Minnesota (tiny in the middle of nowhere town) for....a little over 7 years?
2. I get really creeped out by people dressed in...suits? Not suit and tie but like mascots for a sports game or that giant scary shark dude at the mall who always wants you to go to the aquarium. I don't know what i'm going to do when we take a family trip to Disney World. @_@ I think basically i just really like to see people's faces and i feel nervous when i can't.
Left photo: sceen cap from Future Diary Right photo: screen cap from Nana
3. I enjoy watching anime and reading manga. I was really into it in high school and while i'm not quite as fanatical anyone it's still a hobby i enjoy from time to time. My favorite anime of what i've seen so far are pictured above. Future Diary i just watched last year on Hulu and it has kind of a Hunger Games vibe only with a lot more crazy.
4. I'm left handed so i think with a different side of my brain than most people. ;)
5. I love tons and tons of music but my favorite song is 3 Libras by A Perfect Circle and i don't see that ever changing.
6. I was raised primarily by vegetarians and thus most meat type foods confuse and unnerve me. I don't consider myself a vegetarian (yet) but i'm pretty close. It's not really something i enjoy eating but it can be pretty hard to avoid at times. Also i've noticed that people who do eat meat REALLY WANT YOU TO EAT IT. Why is that?! I also do not cook any meat for my family because i'm terrified of poisoning someone.
7. I'm a huge bookworm! My favorite book for a long time now has been Memoirs of a Geisha (book is waaaaay better than the movie) and my favorite series is The Fever Series, which i really hope does not get made into a movie *gets violently attacked by Fever fans everywhere*
8. I can't stand any type of carbonated drinks. When i was a teenager i used to try to drink soda because all my friends did but it always just feels like it's attacking my mouth.
9. It's one of my goals in life to ride as many exotic animals as possible. So far i have ridden an elephant and a camel. I would change it to, "ride as many animals as possible" but that might just get weird.
10. I've never successfully done a cartwheel.
11. For whatever reason i am very jumpy and get spooked super easy. Unfortunately when this happens a lot of times i tend to attack outwards instead of like, jumping away? It's made for some awkward situations. I avoid haunted houses as a general rule.
(longest blog post ever?! @_@)
1. Where are you from originally? Anchorage, Alaska
2. What is your "dream job"? If i knew that i'd be doing it. The problem with me is, when the things i enjoy start to become work, i stop enjoying them as much. So basically a place where i can do whatever i want, whenever i want?
3. What do you do to relieve stress? Hmm...i'm pretty laid back, frighteningly optimistic person so i don't *think* i feel stressed out that often. I am guilty of angry cleaning though! Does that count? Maybe a glass of wine, tea or a random dance party?
4. What is your absolute favorite blog of the moment? I recently decided i really want to spend time making my house and reflection of the people the live inside of it the way i made my wardrobe a reflection of me so i would have to say: Eight Hundred Sq. Ft. (my house is 1000 sq. ft :D Though we are in the process of finishing the basement...)
5. What are you currently reading? Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell
6. What's your beverage of choice? coffee, coffee and more coffee.
7. If you were given $5,000 right now and had to spend it on something "fun," what would you get? I would pay Tom Waits to follow me around and sing about everything i was doing.
8. How many (and which) countries have you traveled to? Uh, I went to Canada once? But it wasn't even a fun part of Canada. I suck.
9. Where do you want to travel in the future? My dream vaca is to go to Japan! And then Europe for sure.
10. What is your favorite skill or hobby that you have? Making people laugh.
11. What new skill or hobby do you want to learn? Everything. I want to learn how to do it all.
Phew! It's over. Lets see if i can find 5 people to nominate...
1. Kate from Kate on the Lake
2.Genie from Unique & Chic
3. Laura from Thrifting Through Life
4. Heather from Clearance Couture (have you already done this Heather?)
5. Sara from Super Punk Rock Mom (this is my newest blog crush. She's probably getting a little freaked out of my enthusiasm by now.)
1. What is your favorite mythical animal?2. What is your proudest accomplishment?
3. Do you wish ever day life could be a musical or just have a soundtrack?
4. Coffee or tea?
5. Do you play any musical instruments? If so, list them.
6. What is a weird quirk you have?
7. Is that your natural hair color?
8. Favorite way to pass the time?
9. Pinterest or Tumblr?
10. What was your favorite cartoon as a child?
11. What is your favorite holiday?
Did everyone fall asleep by now? I feel like that was incredibly long. Hopefully it was at least slightly entertaining to....someone. If i nominated you and you've already done this, sorry! I guess i need to find some more newly born blogs to follow...